Books and Art Supplies

I have been drawing for quite a while now but I have never really learnt the proper techniques and structures to go by when you start drawing, I would normally just look at a picture and just start drawing what I see. With a lot of the characters that I am able to draw I am only able to do so in front view and nothing else because again, I never learnt how to. So I stopped at my local library to pick up some books on manga a couple of days ago as I am trying to improve on them. I picked up these 5 books which are pictured below.


 Draw Manga Complete Skills - Shows you the basic of manga.
It starts with a step by guide on drawing figures. So how draw heads from different angles, body proportions and how to add textures when drawing different types of hair. Then leads onto costumes, animals, weapons and digital art. It also as a section which I find very interesting on the style and looks of a character depending on what type of manga you are reading whether it be shounen or shoujo.




☾ How To Draw Manga Series
Costumes Encyclopedia Vol.3 Sexy Sports Wear - This book provides detailed images of different costumes such as swimsuits, cheerleader uniforms, tennis outfits, gym uniforms and also, how to design your own costumes. However, it doesn't give you a step by step guide to draw them.

Pen & Tone Techniques - This book offers a thorough explanation of pen and screen tone techniques, and the materials and tools needed.

Colourful Costumes - This book also provides detailed images of different costumes such as nurse uniforms, traditional japanese costumes and office uniforms. There is also a section that focuses on ties, shoes and blouse styles. This book is a good reference when wanting to draw specific outfits it gives you formation about the costume itself like where it is from and how it should be worn. Again it doesn't give you a step by step guide to draw them.

Vol.1 Basic Tone Techniques - This book explains how to use tones. It looks specifically at dot tones in the 1st chapter, how they look and the types of dot tones. It also looks at how effective digital toning is, different types of tones such as sand tone, hatching and lines, how to use it and the materials you need to get going.

I also stopped by one of my local art supplies store Cass Art and got myself some extra supplies.
 Cass Art Tracing Paper
 Cass Art Marker Paper
 Rotring Tikky Pencil Set - 0.35 | 0.5 | 0.7
 Faber-Castell 9000 Lead Pencil - 2B | 2H
 Faber-Castell Super Polymer Fine Line Leads - 0.35 - B | 0.5 - 2B | 0.7 - 2B
 Winsor & Newton Promarker - R565 | Y657 | G657 | B137 | O518
 Copic Ciao - E11 | E21 | E57 (These were purchased from refulled.com)


















Share:

0 comments